The Certificate of Residency to be Replaced by a new Residency Card?

Just in case you have heard about the Certificate de Residency having to be renovated & to be replaced by a Residency card as we had before. This rumour is untrue. I recently went to the police station in Orihuela to ask about this point as some friends had been “informed” that there paperwork was no longer valid and had to be replaced. I was told that the residency paper had no validity date and once you have it, it dose not run out, or need to be renewed after a certain period of time. The old Tarjeta de Residencia, which is the I.D. card does run out after 5 years and needs to be replaced by the Certificate de Residence for us Europeans.
If are now living in Spain & you do not have a Cerficicado de Residencia you have to do the following.

– Fill in a Modelo 790 form and take it to the bank and pay 10€ tax.
– Get a pardon certificate at the town hall.
– Go to the Police station in Orihuela with a copy of your passport and they will give you the Certificate of Residency.

Just a short proverb “the worst place to get good information is in the bar.”

About Patrick Vine

I am a Englishman living and working in Spain as a property consultant dealing with the technical and legal aspects faceing the expat communities living in the south Alicante & north Murcia areas. I am married to a wonderfull Spanish girl called Inés and have 3 children. Jessica, Rubén & Joshua.
This entry was posted in Sin categoría and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s